Sunday, November 16, 2008

Christmas is Coming...

The time is drawing near for the completion and distribution of the Northam family Christmas card (apologies to all who detest Xmas coming before Thanksgiving, I used to walk among you -  but I have been eating, sleeping, breathing holiday cheer for the last month getting ready for holiday events downtown and if I don't have my music selection completed before Thanksgiving, I'm sunk!) - Ben Jammin' 2008.  Ben Jammin' is the Christmas carol mixtape I have created for friends and family since 1998, our first holiday season with Benjamin (get it?).  My search for new interpretations of old classics and joyous new holiday music goes on all year long, but hits fever pitch around the first of October.  Are currently 22 songs on this year's edition, still needing a bit of rearranging - but it's close.  My favorite?  Winter Song, by Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson.  If you've read any of the previous entries, you know that these two women are all over my mixtapes for the past year plus, and Christmas music with them singing together?  That's about as close to perfection as I'll get this season!  In any case, it's an auspicious beginning to the 2008 edition.

In other news - I've grown tired of dark hair, so have adopted a festive new look, appropriate for both Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Loses a little something with the iPhone camera, but you'll get the idea.



No comments: